Orchard Academy Equality Objectives 2017-18
In line with the Equality Act 2010 at Orchard Academy we are committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers receiving services from the school, irrespective of race, gender, disability, faith or religion or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and are able to participate fully in school life.
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular opportunities with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experiences both in and beyond school.
- To continually consider how well the school ensures equality of opportunities for all its pupils.
- To raise the attainment in the following groups:
- Disadvantaged more able pupils’ in reading, writing and maths with a particular focus on reading.
- SEN pupils’ with EHCP’s.
- SEN support pupils’ in English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- boys and pupils with SEN including those with EHCP’s in science.