Teaching Assistants and HLTAs
Hours: To vary according to the child’s needs (exclusive of meal breaks) for 39 weeks per year (term time only)
Salary: From £17,711 FTE dependent on position, to be pro-rata according to weekly hours
Closing Date for applications: Monday 14th October 2019
Interviews: w/c 21st October 2019
Start date: As soon as possible
Orchard Academy is currently recruiting teaching assistants and higher level teaching assistants to join our team.
Orchard Academy is a family and a community. Every visitor comments on how friendly and caring our children and staff are, as well as the positive, warm atmosphere that can be felt around the school. We develop welcoming, confident children who are enthusiastic, engaging and a delight to work with.
Orchard Academy has a dedicated staff team that are committed to delivering high-quality teaching and excellent pastoral care, ensuring that all pupils are given every opportunity to succeed. We are a proud founding member of the East Midlands Academy Trust, whose vision is that every child deserves to be the best they can.
We are seeking experienced SEND Teaching Assistants and HLTAs who have experience working with children who have Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC), Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. If you feel you can positively contribute to our pupils’ lives and want to be part of our school, we look forward to welcoming your application.
We are looking for:
- Experience of working with children who have SEND, particularly ASC and SEMH
- Someone who understands, can empathise with and adapt to the needs of pupils with ASC and SEMH
- Teaching Assistants and HLTAs who are able to enthuse and inspire children
- People who show great mental flexibility in order to contribute to a dynamic and hardworking team
- Teaching Assistants and HLTAs who are committed to safeguarding our children and promoting their welfare
- Successful Teaching Assistants and HLTAs who are able to raise and sustain high standards
- Is a family and a community
- Has excellent and supportive middle / senior leaders
- Is committed to supporting continuous professional development
- Has a team of staff that is recognised for its enthusiastic, friendly and rigorous approach to teaching and learning
- Has children who thrive in a creative and challenging atmosphere
- Has parents and carers who are supportive and have high ambitions for their children
We welcome visits to the school. To arrange a visit or request an application form, please contact Jane Harrison, School Business Manager at Orchard Academy, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01908 670681.
|EMAT non teaching Employment Application Form new version Jan 2019||12th Aug 2019||Download|