Orchard Academy carries out refresher safeguarding courses annually, which include PREVENT, Female Genital Mutilation, E-Safety, Child Sexual Exploitation and Keeping Children Safe in Education. We revisit our safeguarding policy regularly, and it is updated annually.
Our Safeguarding Lead Designated Contact (outside of school hours) is Mrs Sam James 07500 559239
Our Academy Trust's Safeguarding policy can be found here.
Milton Keynes Safeguarding Board Policies and Procedures can be found here.
Milton Keynes Council Strengthening Families information can be found here.
Other safeguarding links:
Safer MK - Working Together to keep Milton Keynes Safe
Milton Keynes Safeguarding Children Board (MASH)
MK ACT - helping people move on from domestic abuse in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police
Childnet - making the internet safer for children
Safety Net Kids
National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children Website
Our Safeguarding Leads
- Mr Callum Brown - Principal
- Mrs Sam James - Safeguarding & Inclusion Lead
- Mr Jonathan Wilson - Assistant Vice Principal
- Mr Luke Bartishel - Assistant Vice Principal
- David Gayton - Chair of Governors/EMAT Trust
- Adam Webb - Safeguarding Governor, EMAT Trust